Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Is This Where I Draw the Line?

Okay, remember how my last post about Bella was in a way a reminder to let her be a kid, get dirty, and have fun? Well, now I'm wondering to what extent. She was happily playing outside in the backyard just now, and of course I check on the big kids when they're out every couple of minutes. Last I checked she was on the swing. Great! Phone rings, I'm chatting, and a few minutes later Bella comes in with wet hair. No wet clothes or body parts, just complete wet and dripping hair. {Hmm, okay...} She's so proud of messing herself up like always, so I kind of let it slide until I got off the phone.

"Bella, why is your hair wet?"

"I don't know."

{Upon closer inspection I now see a "halo" of dirt around her forehead hairline....Lightbulb moment.}

"Bella, did. you. stick. your. whole.head. in. the. bird. bath!?"

"Mmm, hmm."
Ugh, {lovely}. Granted, we just put the bird bath in the back yard a few days ago and haven't seen a bird use it yet, but I really wanted to scare her from doing it again. I mean, gross, right!?

{in my best serious, preachy voice with eyebrows raised...} "You know, Bella, that if there are birds in their bath they'll poop in there. Remember when Lincoln was a baby and pooped in the bath with you once? Mmmm Hmm. Get it?"

"Oh, okay."

Do you think she got the message? I doubt it too... ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories! Too funny. I wish I could see the kids this weekend! So bummed...

Kel