Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, it's official... Our annual Tennessee vacation is over. :( We arrived safely back home on Sunday afternoon after a fairly smooth drive home. We had a great time in Tennessee aside from the snow that followed us down for a few days and the sicknesses! (Colds were plentiful and an ER visit mid-week confirmed Brigham's Bronchiolitis.) We took a trip to Ripley's Aquarium and always have fun there. We also took advantage of the nice days by playing outside and doing some outlet shopping. And best of all, a trip to Tennessee wouldn't be complete without a lot of good Southern food! I think that I maybe got my fill of mac 'n cheese, southern-style green beans, and fried okra! :) We also ate at our favorite BBQ place, Tony Gore's three times! Mom and Dad arrived on Wednesday, and the kids really enjoyed spending time with them and playing. Even though I miss the laid-back nature of vacation already, it's always good to get back in a routine. We'll look forward to our trip next year to our home-away-from-home! :)

Here are just a couple of pictures, but I'll post more for sure. I have a lot!

The first family picture we've had taken in a long time!

Paw-Paw, Gee, and the kids

Some alone time for Daddy and Brigham that I snuck up on and captured.

Bella and one big fish!

Lincoln "petting" the shark :)

No comments: