Tuesday, July 27, 2010

...and Now She's {Six}...

Tucking Bella into bed on Sunday night, she glanced at her Hello Kitty clock like she does every night and announced the time, "It's 8:56..."

I usually say that it's way too late to be awake still, but that night it took my breath away... Six years ago, I was holding my first child, a sweet and tiny 5 1/2 lb. baby girl only five minutes old.

"Yes, you were five minutes old six years ago! You had just been born at 9:51 at night in Ohio."

"I waaas?!"

"Yep! You surprised Mommy and Daddy by coming early! We weren't expecting you yet!"

"How long did I have to stay at the hospital after I was born?"

"Six days... Not too bad, huh!? Then we brought you home..."

We brought her home, not expecting her to be Daddy's only little girl in a house full of boys...

We brought her home, not knowing she'd have a bubbly (and loud at times!) personality that shines and shines...


We brought her home, not knowing that {six} years could possibly go by so fast.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lenae said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! She is beautiful like her mama!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday :)

{darlene} said...

Happy Birthday! oh... it goes way too fast.

Bridgett said...

awww It's insane how quickly it goes by! My oldest will be six in december and it's a crazy thought!

I hope she had a wonderful birthday!!

I just read this article today and you may like it: http://thelearningparent.blogspot.com/2010/07/savor-seasonby-rick-boyer.html
It seems to go with what your talking about but from a Dad's perspective.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh I hear ya. My oldest is 10! Where in the world did that time go??

Kristin said...

This is an old post and you possibly will never see this comment, BUT I wanted to say that my little girl turned 6 in July (the 28th)and that is same dress that she wore for her birthday! Gotta love Target. :-)