Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mommy's Little Helpers

This morning Isabella wanted to help me check things off of my to-do list, so she sent me in the other room to eat my breakfast. Pretending that I didn't know what they were up to, the kids proceeded to unload the dishwasher for me. Piece by piece they made it through the top and bottom racks, scooting chairs across the kitchen to reach cabinets as Isabella gave gentle directions to Lincoln. Twenty minutes later, Bella called me in to "surprise" me. They were so proud of themselves and I was so happy and touched, that it didn't matter that a few bowls or pans weren't perfectly placed or that it took them four times longer than it would have taken me to finish. :) (Or that the dishwasher door won't close all of the way now... Hmmm...)

2 comments:

beeswix said...

Don't you just LOVE those moments?! Sounds like you've got some thoughtful helpers there. :)

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! And no broken dishes? Wow! Kel